![]() |
| Old Man's Beach Club - Canggu |
Took me a while to realize this uber cool backdrop's got a flaw when I noticed a little rear view mirror sticking up on the bottom left. Well I almost chucked it but thought, "That's still quite a good photo.. if only focused on the beautiful colours and ummm.. model of course *ahem*
Everyone has some kind of little rear view mirror in their photography of life. Those that allow them to glance at whatever is behind. A part of the past. It'll only make a photo look ugly if you let it become a big part of it. Two things you can do: (1) crop the photo and filter it and (2) strike a good pose so it won't steal so much attention.
My old boss Pak Paulus calls it "reframing".
I made mistakes and was in an unhealthy relationship for years but if I hadn't gone through that I wouldn't be able to tell the right guy from the wrong one, or have a better standard in choosing a partner. Plus, by knowing that person, I was helped to come to the right place that eventually brought me to the love of my life.
And there are lots of other rear view mirrors in my life I could tell you with some ugliness when you look into them but so far, my photographs have been great enough to display as a beautiful collection from the merciful hand that has 'edited' them that..... when I look at each of them, I go "HOW GREAT IS MY GOD!"
with love,
Sudi
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment