One phone call in the middle of the night made me feel excited because it had been a while since my best friend and I talked like we were still in uni. Chatted till one of us fell asleep. But that night was different. She bursted into tears and I just wished I could hug her at that moment. Same tragedy. Same struggle. She dated another Mr. Wrong and had been figthing to move one after the break up. Classic.
I have been in the same situation and I know how much pain can get involved in the process. So here are some advice I want to share based on my own experience. It's not a formula to a happy ending love story but hopefully can help you make some good long-term decisions. It's as simple as choosing your make up! (no kidding)
Bad Products - Better Standard
Think of any make up kits or beauty tools you purchased. You try one and the other, to get the best fit for your skin. When you've found the right product, you stick to it. But in the process, you might find some of them irritate your skin or don't have the perfect tone for your lips - for example. You evaluate your pick and test it against what you really need. When you know the formula, you then change your standard: OH I ACTUALLY NEED A BEIGE FOUNDATION, NOT A PORCELAIN! OH THAT BRAND IS NOT FOR ME BECAUSE IT IS TOO OILY, I NEED A LIQUID-BASED ONE.
Changing your standard is a smart way to a more satisfying result, but the thing is, do you really know what you need? Of course every girl wants a good guy. But do you know what type of good guy you actually need to look for?
Consultation - Educating the Inner You
One way to find out what cosmetics fit you best is through consultation. First you choose a brand. As God's daughters, our choice is set: they must be His sons. Same faith. Same doctrine. Then after deciding on the brand, you come to another decision: type. What type of God's son do you need? This will involve knowing yourself first. And the kind of output you seek. If you want to look natural, try pastel colours but if you go for a glamorous look, you can pick the glittery ones. The most important thing is: know what type of skin you have. Is it normal/dry/oily or combination? Remember, just because it works for one girl, doesn't necessarily work for you too. Just because he goes to church and his name is on the roster every Sunday and he looks like Shia LaBeouf, doesn't mean he is your 'equally yoked'. Consult, and educate your self, get to know him more.
Provision - How Much Are You Willing to Pay?
So you have filled your shopping basket with your wish list. Now before checking out there is this last boundary you need to pass: cashier. Make sure you are not spending more than you can afford. I am talking about sacrifice. We all have heard that all the best things in life are free but how long will a free purchased stuff last unless you maintain and groom it? Knowing what you want isn't enough. You must ask yourself, "How hard am I willing to fight for it? How much time am I willing to spend in prayer to find out if God is happy with my choice? How long am I willing to wait being single until I meet the right one? How often am I willing to read my Bible to become a better person for that special guy? If you can't afford things in your shopping basket yet, maybe God is telling you to wait a little longer. But be careful. There is no need to pray and fast for 40 days and 40 night for the wrong product either, so keep your heart open. Be sensitive to know the difference between WAIT and NO.
And finally, let God accompany you do the shopping! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment