A little truth: on the third day of our honeymoon I went on a solo adventure to visit mangrove forest which was five minutes walk from our bungalow on Nusa Lembongan while my husband took his long nap, exhausted from the wedding marathon and lots of trips. Yesterday I made it up to him by taking him to visit mangrove forest in Bali. 200 meters away to the east from Bali Mall Galleria on Bay Pass Ngurah Rai street.
There was no price list on the ticket booth and we were going to be charged $10 per person to enter (I'd be insane if I agreed on that). Edde is sick of getting ripped off in Bali because he is white (poor thing). So I bargained and paid $5 for both of us although as a local I think I should have paid maximum $1 or so but didn't want to waste time arguing and the sun was setting fast.
Mangrove is a magical place, especially when the light is dimming. The shape of the trees stimulate your imagination and in the quietness of the surrounding you can hear exotic sounds like.. with the sound effect of a cave. Funny bird chirps, crabs fighting and insects buzzing and there was this weird popping noise that we laughed at like something chews a gum and blows it and pops it over and over.
Couples like this place because they can talk here for hours and watch the light fade out slowly. Or simply just to take a walk and climb the stairs up the tower in the middle of the forest. Mangrove is also a famous spot for pre-wedding photo sessions in Bali.
We didn't finish walking the whole jetty because it became to dark to see but we felt refreshed and were ready to move on to dinner so we headed back, followed by a few young boys with a guitar who played us a serenade from behind. They were funny. Some men turned up into the dark to catch shrimp in the water afterwards.
Tips: Before entering, stop for a toilet break first. Bring your water supply and camera. Apply some mosquito repellant and don't rush - take your time and enjoy every step of the jetty.
Also, let's keep our Bali clean, friends. Please throw plastics or junk in its proper place:)
Love,
Sudi
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment